Saturday, May 30, 2009

Walking into the Wind

Walking into the Wind
by Russell Kabir
Published in Windmill 2008, (pg. 14)

Through these nights where morning never seems to come,
I will keep walking into the wind.
I cannot let the troubling waters I tread
douse the fires in my eyes.

Just to find that envied tree
where sacrifice bears fruit,
and growth means the sustenance
of a self-actualized youth.

Where the barricades of the beaten path
harrow heinously in my head.
But persevere I will, I must!
Through these walks of life I dread.

This windswept state saves little face
by cutting through the cold of my shoulders.
But the will to renew, the will to revive
warms a desire inside to be stronger.


From here on out, the gusts of life
will keep casting my compass asunder.

But what a notion it is, to walk through the wind
in order to realize my thunder.

0 comments:



 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster