Saturday, May 30, 2009

Transcend

Transcend
by Russell Kabir
Published in Windmill 2008, (pg. 16)

I am a mountain.
Losing face, losing faith
but waiting to reach the sky.

Time erodes my foundation,
but not the faults I'm built on
folding forever in my mind.

My eyes become cloudy
when I wake from my dormant state,
and my shoulders of boulders grow cold.

The elements care not for rocks like me
bearing no sentiment for the sentient sediment
cast from my bones.

It's hard to think of heaven
when it takes so long to rise
from this clay of mistakes and pride.

But I dream.
I dream only of that piece of the sun,
that piece of the sky, that peace of mind,
where the stars transcend.
And the moon and I make conversation
about the peaks of life, the piques of life,
and this beacon of light
can shine on.

Shine on.

0 comments:



 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster